Dallas · Full TimeApply
Software Quality Assurance Enforcer
Flyp is an exciting, early-phase startup that gives you multiple numbers on your smartphone. Today, we have multiple email addresses, credit cards and social identities – and yet we only have one number for our smartphones. We use that phone for everything. One number is no longer enough. That’s why we created Flyp – to put you back in control.
We are looking for an Quality Assurance engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limit and will work with our team of talented engineers to design, build, and test the next generation of mobile consumer communication applications.
- You eat, drink and sleep software testing – and have done so for at least 2 years – by hand and through automation. You are energized by difficult problems and you don’t rest until you’ve rooted them out.
- You’ve done Agile/Scrum and you’ve developed processes from scratch.
- You have at least 2 years experience with native iOS and Android apps, especially ones using web services (REST, JSON, HTTP, XML) and relational databases (SQL).
- You have experience with scripting and object oriented coding and tools (objective-C, xCode, Java, Python, Perl, etc.)
- You have a strong commitment to improving the quality of the user experience.
- You thrive on small teams, you can strategize, plan and execute — and you aren’t afraid to pitch in wherever you see it’s needed.
- You absolutely hate the idea of being just another cog in the machine—you are self-motivated. You want to own your work and have a say in the direction of the product.
- You want to be part of the future of communications.
- You’ll create and prove out robust, scalable application platforms and frameworks. Not simple stuff. But real systems that support millions and billions of connected users. Environments that connect mobile client apps to real-time services and distributed networks.
- You’ll test features, functions and processes. You’ll document the results. You’ll do so with a level of speed and detail that at times annoys your co-workers.
- You’ll develop QA standards, metrics and KPI’s.
- You’ll develop test plans based on design specifications, software implementations and hallway conversations. You’ll also unit test, regress and automate.
Perks of Flyp!
- Latest fully-loaded laptop with any accessories you may need
- Unlimited / Open vacation policy
- Paid health insurance and benefit plans
- Incredible coffee – with a dedicated team that makes it fresh every morning 😉
Who are we, you ask?
Flyp is a dynamic, young startup with the brains, passion and disrespect to disrupt the communications industry. Our goal is to change the way people interact with the each other through their smart devices.